Friday, March 21, 2014

The Running Season

I try to run 4 to 5 days a week even in the Winter. This past Winter was a rough one. Some people enjoy running on a treadmill but not me. I call it the "dreadmill." I have to run outside no matter the weather. Usually, here in North Georgia, there are sporadic days in the Winter that the temperatures are decent enough to run but not this Winter. It was either too cold or rainy. It was a challenge but I made it through.

Spring is here! It's like music to my ears. Not only will the weather improve for great running conditions, there will be more races. I have already signed up for a couple of races locally and have my eyes on some others. As many of you know, I am attempting to run in all 50 states. I would love to do 5 this year giving me 25 by age 60. Yes, I turn 60 this December 27. I haven't booked any out of state races but have my eyes on a few. I am kicking around doing another full marathon. Possibly in San Antonio. You know I'll tell you about it when I book them!

With the Spring comes a new career. Without going into how this has come about, I will be studying for the Georgia Real Estate exam over the next days in hopes of passing and becoming a Real Estate agent. I am excited about this new time in my life and doing something that I will be able to do the rest of my life. Staying healthy and fit is an important part of that. I guess I will become the "Running Agent."

Above all, I pray that you will see the benefits of becoming healthy and fit as I believe it is the best life for you. Don't do like me and wait until you are 53 years old to begin. There are just too many risks. I can think of no better time to begin than the Spring! Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment